We’re celebrating summer birthdays in Piper’s class today. She’ll be 6 in July, so I volunteered to bring in the (non-dairy, peanut free) treat. Piper knew exactly what we needed.
“You should bring donuts, Mom. Krispy Kremes,” Piper specified.
Turns out Krispy Kreme donuts are in fact non-dairy and peanut free. Oh, and they have a drive-thru, which moms like me adore.
“Anything else?” I asked. I really shouldn’t have.
“A disco ball. Yep. We’ll need a disco ball.”
“Really? A disco ball? For what?”
“For making all my dreams come true. It’s my birthday, you know.”
We went to the zoo last weekend. It was a perfect fall day. Sunny. Chilly enough for hot chocolate and donuts. Warm enough to walk around watching the animals and appreciating the changing colors. It was an educational experience for Piper, too. These are the things she learned:
1. Animals poop. A lot.
2. Monkeys have funny butts.
3. Some monkeys have funny boobs, too.
4. Underwater caves have the best views.
5. When animals poop a lot it smells. Bad.
6. If you ask for a really small thing at the gift store, your odds are better than when you ask to take home the life size panda.
7. You’re always the red dot on the map. The red dot follows you. It’s amazing.
8. Elephants lay eggs. Or they like to play with big white balls. Whatever.
9. Elephants poop a lot. It’s big poop. It smells like big poop.
10. Seals fight over the same rock. Even when there are two seals and twenty rocks. It’s a lot like having a Sissy.