1. Isn’t it great, Mom, that I got sick on a Saturday? You don’t have to cancel anything. You’re welcome.
2. Why doesn’t my body have enough skills to fight a little ole fever? Geez.
3. Uh oh. Time for a zebra pack. (Z-pak antibiotic)
4. More orange spice tea, please. Wait. Did you put in extra honey? Mmm. You’re such a good mom. Wait. Are you trying to cover up some medicine with that yummy honey?
5. What if I wake up a cheetah? Wouldn’t that be cool? I’d be a nice cheetah, though. I wouldn’t hurt you, Mom. Question! Do cheetahs get sick?
6. Pharmacies shouldn’t have candy. Candy doesn’t make you feel better. Toys make you feel better. Pharmacies should give away toys with medicine. Just like Old McDonalds.
7. Can you stick that thing that beeps in my armpit again? I’ve got an itch in there.
8. I can’t brush my teeth. Can’t you see I’m sick? Teeth brushing will make me even sicker. It will.
9. Good night, Mommy. I’m not going to wake you up as much tonight. Probably.
10. If I’m sick again tomorrow can we finish reading “The Secret Garden”? And If I’m not sick tomorrow can we finish reading “The Secret Garden”?
One of life’s best books…little Piper has great taste!
I couldn’t agree more! I never get tired of reading “The Secret Garden.” We’re rereading the Little House on the Prairie next. I’m not sure if Piper or I look forward to them more.
The one about the armpit thermometer is classic! And I love that she calls it “Old Mcdonalds.”
I’m just grateful she feels well enough to keep cracking us up. And we all now call it “Old McDonalds.” Thanks for reading!
Reblogged this on piperism and commented:
This seems entirely appropriate today.